Lead Litigation Counsel
I am experienced in and adept at formulating efficient pre-trial strategy, providing effective trial representation, and negotiating settlements.
Unusual for an attorney in the patent space, I have led litigation teams both through trial—including teams selected by the client as well as with my own litigation team as a partner at Tabet DiVito and Rothstein LLP—and to successful pre-trial settlements. I can provide clients both lead litigation counsel and team support through TDR.
Representative Cases in Trial Court
- Represent provider of proprietary messaging platforms in assertions of its patent against competitors who filed declaratory judgments in the Northern District of California. Symantec Corp. v. RPost holdings Inc. (N.D. Cal. 2017), Trend Micro, Inc. v. RPost holdings Inc. (N.D. Cal. 2017).
- Represent defense contractor-plaintiff patentee before the Court of Federal Claims in litigation about technology supporting the navigation system in the F35 Joint Strike Fighter pilot's helmet. Thales Visionix, Inc. v. United States and Elbit Systems of America (C.F.C. 2017).
- Represent pharmaceutical company in breach of contract action on several products. Apex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. v. Pack Pharmaceuticals, LLC and Rising Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cir. Ct. Cook Cty. 2017).
- Represented automotive supplier as defendant in patent litigation related to temperature sensors. Watlow v. Continental Automotive Systems, Inc. (E.D. Mo. 2016).
- Represented publishing company as defendant in patent litigation on web page linking technology. Cascades v. CCH, a Wolters Kluwer Company (N.D. Ill. 2015).
- Represented pharmaceutical company in district court litigation on a drug for treating certain types of cancer. Eli Lilly v. Sun Pharma (D. Ind. 2013).
- Represented pharmaceutical company in patent litigation through preliminary injunction hearing related to Naropin® and generic ropivacaine hydrochloride. APP Pharma v. Navinta (D. N.J. 2012).
- Represented pharmaceutical company in patent litigation through trial under the Hatch-Waxman Act related to bimatoprost, sold by Allergan as Latisse® for hypotrichosis. Allergan v. Apotex, et al. (M.D. N.C. 2012).
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in patent litigation through trial under the Hatch-Waxman Act related to pregabalin, sold by Pfizer as Lyrica®. Case settled during trial. Pfizer v. Sandoz Inc. (D. N.J. 2011).
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in patent litigation through trial under the Hatch-Waxman Act related to bimatoprost, sold by Allergan as Lumigan® for glaucoma. Allergan v. Sandoz Inc. (D. Del. 2011).
- Represented international pharmaceutical company in two patent infringement cases over the generic drug repaglinide, used in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes and sold by Novo Nordisk under the brand name Prandin®. Novo Nordisk Inc., et al. v. Sandoz Inc. (D. N.J. 2011) and Sandoz Inc. v. Novo Nordisk, Incorporated, et al. (E.D. Mich. 2011).