- How to best protect your innovations? Your patents and/or trade secrets?
- How to monetize your intellectual asset portfolio? And learn what it's really worth?
- What your strategies in litigation might be? Or your chances on appeal?
You’re in the right place.
Meredith Addy has a unique background in intellectual property law and in business advisory services. A litigator with more than 25 years of practice in patent law and litigation, Addy also is deeply experienced in innovation strategy, having guided companies both large and small on the most efficient strategies for realizing their intellectual property goals.
- Handling hundreds of litigations in the U.S. District Courts, at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, before the Court of Federal Claims, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit—with a record of tremendous success.
- Working with the district courts, both as a special master and as a court-appointed expert, dealing with claim construction, summary judgment, trial, and damages.
- Leadership positions at several AmLaw100 firms, running offices and heading both litigation and appellate practice groups.
- Building and valuing intellectual asset portfolios and representing startups on corporate law and intellectual property law.
- Testifying before the U.S. Congress to address issues relating to the state of patent law and the Federal Circuit.
More than 50 Federal Circuit appeals in complex patent cases.
Lead Litigation Counsel
Deep experience at trial and unmatched skill in formulating pre-trial strategy and negotiating settlements.
Assisting district courts in various aspects of patent cases, from discovery and claim construction to acting as a special master.
Awards and Honors
Addy has long been recognized as one of the country’s leading IP litigators, having been featured in Law360 as a Female Powerbroker, named one of the Most Influential Women in IP Law, and inducted into the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s 40 Under Forty Hall of Fame, a list of the 40 most recognized lawyers nominated for 40 Under 40 in its history. Addy is perennially named to the Illinois Super Lawyers Top 10 list, the Top 50 Women Illinois Super Lawyers list, and the list of Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers.
Other recent honors include:
08-2018 Again named in Best Lawyers (2019 ed.) in the categories of Litigation – Patent, and in Patent Law
07-2018 Named one of 250 Top Women in IP by intellectual property valuation firm IPmetrics LLC
2018 Featured in the IAM 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Professionals