- How to best protect your innovations? Your patents and/or trade secrets?
- How to monetize your intellectual asset portfolio? And learn what it's really worth?
- What your strategies in litigation might be? Or your chances on appeal?
You’re in the right place.
My background is unique in the intellectual property business and legal world. I am a litigator with more than 25 years of practice in patent law and litigation. I am also a deeply experienced business and innovation strategist, having guided companies both large and small on the most efficient strategies for realizing their intellectual property goals.
- I have handled hundreds of litigations in the U.S. District Courts, at the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit—with a record of tremendous success.
- I have worked with the courts as both a special master and a court-appointed expert, dealing with claim construction, summary judgment, trial, and damages.
- I have held leadership positions at several AmLaw100 firms, running offices and heading both litigation and appellate practice groups.
- My business advisory experience includes building and valuing intellectual asset portfolios and representing startups on corporate law and intellectual property law.
- My experience includes testifying before the U.S. Congress to address issues relating to the state of patent law and the Federal Circuit.
I have argued more than 50 Federal Circuit appeals in complex patent cases.
Lead Litigation Counsel
I have deep experience at trial and unmatched skill in formulating pre-trial strategy and negotiating settlements.
I have assisted district courts in various aspects of patent cases, from discovery and claim construction to acting as a special master.
Awards and Honors
I have been recognized as one of the country’s leading IP litigators. I have been featured in Law360 as a Female Powerbroker, was named one of the Most Influential Women in IP Law, and have been inducted into the Law Bulletin Publishing Company’s 40 Under Forty Hall of Fame, a list of the 40 most recognized lawyers nominated for 40 Under 40 in its history. I am honored to have been perennially named to the Illinois Super Lawyers Top 10 list, the Top 50 Women Illinois Super Lawyers list, and the list of Top 100 Illinois Super Lawyers.
Other recent honors include:
08-2018 Again named in Best Lawyers (2019 ed.) in the categories of Litigation – Patent, and in Patent Law
07-2018 Named one of 250 Top Women in IP by intellectual property valuation firm IPmetrics LLC
2018 Featured in the IAM 1000 – The World's Leading Patent Professionals